The University of Wisconsin is leading an effort to modernize its budgeting functions. As a part of this effort, we have implemented a new system called PlanUW as the platform to support planning and budgeting activities. Plan UW uses Oracle’s Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) application.
PlanUW is a system that will support the business processes related to the University’s budget model and will aid in the creation of budgets. The benefits that PlanUW offers are:
- Reduced time in entering budgets
- Access to more information inside the application (prior and current year revenue and expenditures) to better inform budget development
- Reduced number of shadow systems and processes necessary to complete the annual budget process
- Robust reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Ease of access
- PlanUW is a cloud product (no maintenance or upgrades needed for patches)